2454 Dobbin Road, West Kelowna
What is the Candida Spit Test and How Do I Do It?
The candida spit test is an at-home way that you can check your candida or yeast levels. It's easy, does not require any equipment, and can even be a fun way to check and see what going on in your body.* Most of the time, strains of yeast like Candida albicans live in our mouth, vagina, and gastrointestinal tract. However, an overgrowth can lead to a yeast infection, thrush, and candidiasis as well as other symptoms such as gas, bloating, and fatigue.
How to Do the Candida Spit Test at Home
Fill a clear glass with water and leave it on your bedside stand overnight. First think in the morning before you eat or drink anything, work up some saliva and spit into the glass of water. Wait about 40 to 45 minutes. The spit should dissolve but if you see any of these 3 signs it might be a candida overgrowth.
- “String-like” formations coming down from the saliva at the top of the water
- Cloudy saliva sitting at the bottom of the cup
- Suspended specks of saliva in the middle of the cup
Tips to Eliminate a Candida Overgrowth
- The most important thing to do is to eliminate all sugar foods and foods that convert to sugar in your body. This includes all candida feeders including grains and dairy.
- Consider taking these supplements to speed up the progress:
*It is also worth following up with your health care provider as lab tests can be used to confirm candida overgrowth.