2454 Dobbin Road, West Kelowna
Low Carb Peppermint Brownie Recipe
These peppermint brownies are sure to become a staple in your holiday baking arsenal. They’re made with organic monk fruit in lieu of sugar, and other simple ingredients like almond butter and flour, but they taste just as indulgent as any other brownie!
1 cup runny cashew butter
¾ cup Now® Monk Fruit with Erythritol
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
3 tablespoons favorite cooking oil
2 eggs (Sub.flax eggs to make vegan)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
½ cup Cocoa Powder, Organic
¾ cup Almond Flour, Raw
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 crushed candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking tray with two pieces of parchment paper so they each hang over opposite ends.
- Whisk together the eggs, cashew butter, NOW® Monk Fruit with Erythritol, oil, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Add in all remaining ingredients, making sure to spoon and level the flour and cocoa powder, don’t pack them into the measuring cups.
- The batter will be thick, but mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle with half of the crushed candy canes, reserve the rest for later.
- Bake for 28-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Top with the remaining candy canes, slice into 16 squares & enjoy!
Servings: 16 pieces